HybridZ

Hey Katman, what about this cage?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome car. Beautiful work. Cage looks like the typical S&W or Chassisworks beginnings. For drag racing I suppose all you need is something to attach your belts to and meet the NHRA rules. For road racing it would need a real diagonal in the plane of the main hoop, an attachment to the rear strut towers with a "strut bar", a crossbar just above the tranny tunnel connecting the two forward downtubes, more generous plating between said downtubes and the floorboards, and at least two "NASCAR" style horizontal door bars on the drivers side before I put one of my drivers in it. So, it ain't what I'd consider safe for road racing, but it probably meets the criteria for which it was built.

I guess I liked the way they brought the cage through the firewall and into the engine compartment. I also like how inconspicuous it would be for a street machine (and the overall quality of work). I found it curious that they didn't tie into the strut towers, either front or rear. It is almost like they only wanted to stiffen the frame rails and nothing more.