HybridZ

Sound like a good deal?

Guest nezzie76

Guest nezzie76

I looked at this V8 280z for sale yesterday and I'm wondering what your guy's opinions are on it.

The engine is a 305 four barrel engine out of a 1984 Camaro Z28 w/ turbo 350 . It has a new Holley 600 double pumper carb; new Weinad high rise aluminum intake, Weiand triangular shaped air filter; fuel pressure gauge; moderate aftermarket camshaft; high volume oil pump; double row timing set; M/T valve covers; chrome oil pan, chrome timing cover; new high output Chevy alternator; HEI ignition; Accel wires; chrome alternator brackets; shorty headers; dual fuel filters.

The interior is presentable with newer carpets, seat covers, BM shifter and grant steering wheel.

It has newer aquatreads, good wheels, fairly straight body ( with exception on left front where the metal is visibly hammered out under the hood), front spoiler, and MSA front fiberglass bumper. Underside rust is a minimum.

The bad stuff: A couple of thumps come from the rear end when car starts in reverse, car is in ugly primer, stock suspension, squishy brakes, really needs exhaust work, the thermostat seems jury-rigged, had a little oil leak when I saw it (says he's fixed it since I've seen it), speedo needs work, appears car has had some bondo work done, sunroof leaks, and he sounds firm on the price.

He wants 2000 for it. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

As long as it does not overheat and the motor runs good....... $2000.00 sounds good. My wife summed up my progress on the Tomahawk project,just shook her head and said, "five years". My estimate is about 10 and a half and I do not even like to discuss the nickle and dime expenses.

Guest Anonymous

I picked up my 71 Z for $2000. It has a 350 from late 60's/early 70's w/ double hump heads, edelbrock intake and carb, hooker supercomp headers, TH350, glasspacks and welded diff (probably). I've put close to $500 in it to get it running right. The brakes still need work, and the tranny is going, but it runs pretty decent and the frame rails aren't rusted out. I've been happy so far. I say go for it. If it has a lot of problems you could still probably find someone who would take it off your hands.

Guest nezzie76

It really looks like 2000 is the bottom end of V8zs for sale that are complete. I haven't seen a finished one for any cheaper.

straight six cars cost more.

only reason not to buy a v8z car for that price is that it was rear ended something stupid, everything else is easily fixed. think of how much of your life you save at that price. think how much faster you can get that car to run really hard for less than a straight six car. its a no brainer show him 1500 in a paper bag and leave him in a cloud a smoke.