HybridZ

C-clips????

660Z

Im in the middle of changing over to CV shafts and neither of my r200`s have any C-Clips?? except the one i can`t get out!!!! :evil:

I don`t have any reason to think these rears were ever taken apart execpt the one side im having problems with ( broke a pry bar and a hardened chisle i was using as a pry bar!!). It has new bearings and the u joints have been replaced. I guess there was a problem with that shaft at one time.

Oh Well out with the 3.54 rear and in with the 3.90 one. Guess i`ll put it back with no c-clips after all it came from the factory like that.

Mark

The c-clip should be inside the differential on the side gear. Only the VLSD is an exception to that. The differential innner stubs should have a ring cut in the shaft for accept the c-clip. As for the one side not comming out, I've had one that the differentail inner stud welded itself to the thrust block that is on the pinion shaft. I was assuming the guy was roasting the tires as it was the passenger side in an open differential carrier. Mike