HybridZ

por15 dillemma !!!!! need help

peej410

well i washed down my whole underbody with the marine clean then i hosed it off (huge mess in the garage due to hoseing off with crap everywhere lol) anyways so i washed it off let it dry using my garage heater and about 45 minutes then i applied the metal ready, i smoothed out the bubbled areas as directed kept it wet for the 15 minutes as directed then i washed it off as directed and now i have a huge filmy white mess?!?!? what is this crap is it the zinc coating? do i have to wash it down again ? i used my garage heater to dry it from about 10 feet away is that it? did i do something wrong or is this supposed to be there... ? im so confused. thanks for any assistance in advance -pete

Guest tt350

Umm, I never used POR-15 before, but I dont think that DRYING the car with a heater is goin to affect anything (unless you applied the metal ready when the car is still hot!)

Just my input, if you want to see another car who has used POR-15:

http://inetogether.net/jaguar/020929.php

Thats about all I can help with, sorry :D

Guest 2adz

I've used quite a bit of POR15 and when I painted my block with their engine paint kit the metal ready did leave a white film behind. The stuff worked great! It's been about two years or so and the paint looks as good as when I put it on. The thing to remamber though is that POR15 will work much better when it has a rough surface to bite on. Good luck.

Yes the white stuff was there when I did my front frame rails on the unibody last week so I figure that it is the coating that the instructions say it will leave on the metal.

Yes I painted mine with the little brush that they sent in the starter kit. I have ordered me another can of this stuff because it works like majic! I will be getting a bigger brush this time though. :-D

Guest Damn Cracker

I could be wrong, but when my friend talked to a por15 salesman a few years ago, he said the stuff didn't dry unless there was moisture in the air. He recomended that you put a bowl of water under whereever you painted it.