HybridZ

Fiberglass Hatch

Does anyone know if there is a company still selling fiberglass hatches. I am going to be replacing mine soon and have already replaced every part i could so far with fiberglass. I am using this car for mainly road racing when its body and suspension is finally done. I have seen some pictures but all lead to Arizona Z who isnt making them now. Anyone else know or have one for sale?

I have heard some not good things about them lately about fitment issues of their products but if they are the only ones left then they will do if the price is right. Also mike, what hood scoop is that. I have an ugly hole cut there by the previous owner and want a scoop to fill it and i like that sublte scoop but couldnt find a pic of one on a Z but yours.

I have heard some not good things about them lately about fitment issues of their products but if they are the only ones left then they will do if the price is right. Also mike, what hood scoop is that. I have an ugly hole cut there by the previous owner and want a scoop to fill it and i like that sublte scoop but couldnt find a pic of one on a Z but yours.

That's a hood scoop from an AC Cobra. You can get these anywhere, but I got mine from Carrol Shelby himself. I was in Vegas and looked up his shop, and he was there! I told him what I was doing with it and he gave it to me! Cool guy!

Thats awsome. He must of been a real cool guy. Maybe i will have to go pay him a visit. Does it blend in good with the stock Z hood lines in the center. It is tough to tell by the pic.

Yea, it does blend in well, right inside of the hump part. Here's a closeup:

240_f_h.jpg

Guest Your Car is Slow

How much was the fiberglass hatch from them? Ive yet to hear back about it. I really want one of these :)

No reply from them as of yet. I would like to call, them but damn they are long distance. Does anyone live near them where it isnt long distance. I wouldnt mind it if I knew how much and was going to order, but i dont feel like mayking multiple long distance calls to these guys. Hopefully they respond by email first.

Guest Your Car is Slow

Oh...I figured you had talked to them. I called...but an answering machine picks up instantly asking you to leave a message and he will get back to you.

*shrug

Guest Your Car is Slow

Says it only weighs 8lbs???? :shock:

The stocker is a helluva lot heavier than that!

I dont mind cuttin out a piece of lexan..they sell that stuff at home depot.

350 was a bit more than I was expecting however :/

Guest Your Car is Slow

Homeskillet just called me back. Nice guy too!

Cost for the rear hatch is 299.99...and you do have to make your own rear glass and you have to attach your stock brackets....apparently its an exact copy of the OEM hatch.

Cost shipping to florida would be about 75 bucks though :(

He said turnaround was about 5 weeks.