HybridZ

Kit we need built

clint78z

Since we have alot of talented blokes here with fiberglass I am proposing that we update the hybridz front end. I have been playing with photoshop lately. I fell in love with the Aston Martin Vanquish sexiest design in thirty years IMHO. So if you relly like it cast your vote and mabey someone will see the demand to build it. I will donate my autocad skill to designing the buck if it goes into production.

sorry you have to copy and paste link "geocities is a pain in the ass"

http://www.geocities.com/clint78z/frankenzed.jpg

Guest nezzie76

I have thought about building something close to that aston martin before. It really looks like a kit could be built with around the same dimensions ( at least in the front end). One of the things that stopped me before though was how was I gonna get that car to make a mold off of. But if I could have the exact dimensions that would be a tremendous help.

Allready working on one. Its not as straight forward as I first thought. It will require new indicator lights and i still havent finalized the grill shape. The aston still grill doesnt really work with the design restrictions I placed on myself. I didnt want the new nose to extend further than the original bumper due to ground clearence issues. The new nose must also be a improvment in the aero dept. as well. I will try to get some pics as i would love some feed back but the digital camera is dead. I will try to scan some pics. Might be a while untill I get to it though. Acually I just checked the camera. Film almost done so mabye get some up buy the w/end. I will have to e-mail them to some one though. Dont now how to post them here.

Cheers

Douglas

P.s. Have a think about what kind of grill will work. lets call the aston shape a fat lipped hat. ferrari, flat top with smile like bottom, Jag oval, New zed and skylines rectangular or maby something like this ____/ or the upside down version of that.

I had the plaesure of seing a virage in person, I even liked it better than the 360 modena park beside it. If you are really hot into recreating peaces from another car go to the need for speed website. You can download the Aston Vanquish in 3d model. In there are 2 programs that will extract the 3d info and allow you to take dimensions from the models. It is not dead accurate but ballpark. One guy with a fiero chassis did an entire Lambo replica this way.

http://www.nfscars.net/car.php?ID=4566

Then browse around and pick a program in the site to model it there are many. Once you are done your design send it to me and I will chop it in sections in autocad and send you some drawings

• 2 months later...