HybridZ

Clutch help for T5

HICKL

Will the stock nissan master and slave cyl operate the t5 with a stock clutch? (with custom bracket for slave of course) Also. I need a flywheel. Anybody got one that's in there way. The dude I bought the tranny from sent me the clutch and said he would send me the flywheel, but I never got it and can't seem to reach the dude for the last 2 months.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Guest greimann

The stock ZX master and slave does not have enough throw to actuate a stock T5 throwout arm. That said, I have a shortened arm that I used for many years that worked with a kluged setup, I mean custom fabricated bracket. I would be willing to part with the shortened arm for the cost of shipping. You will have to come up with your own slave bracket, because my bellhousing was an odd universal type that I'm sure no one else has. . I stored all that stuff when I went to a hydraulic release bearing.

For that transmission, you will need a 153 tooth flywheel if you are looking to buy one. A 168 tooth is too large to fit in the bellhousing.

First off did this T5 come out of an F-body V8? And second, no, your Datsun clutch parts will not work. The jtr book covers the T5 install pretty well except for one glaring error. You need a 7/8" master cylinder, not 3/4" as jtr specs. There are other options though. You can use a hydrulic throw-out bearing instead of the slave cylinder. Dave Greimann has covered this several times before and I'm sure he's getting tired. :lol: So, for Daves sake, do a search for T5 clutch and you will find it all covered very completely.

Good luck, and be sure to read all the archives on the T5. Lots of good info to bring you up to speed.

Mr. Greimann, I would like to get that shortened arm from you. I am very close to getting this thing on the road (even if its not "perfect"). I have no problem fab'n a bracket. I work in a machine shop, just finished all my JTR brackets. Thanks for your feedback Dan, I did read the JTR manual, just trying to cut a few budget corners to go spin some tires! I tried the search engine but didn't have a bunch of luck and figured I would abuse the good natured people on this board and just ask again! :-D LOL actually, I was just ini a hurry!

Greimann, looking forward to hearing from you.

Jeff

P.S. I plan to "test fit" my motor tonight!!! He Heeeee

Dan Juday;

Dan' date=' when are you goint to stop towing that car around and finish the paint jub?.....LOL[/quote']

I know, this is pathetic isn't it. :roll:

I've been thinking about just removing the pic from my sig from embarassment.

Well, my closest Z buddies know a little secret. :wink:

Guest bobs302z

I used a 7/8 tilton master and a wilwood pull slave and it works great I have ford t5 and just put slave through cable hole made small l bracket to hold other end of slave . pull slave and master were less than 100cdn.

Guest Anonymous

Dan;

Actually that paint job makes the car absolutely outstanding so I just had to make that wisecrack! It's not that bad. Rather unique one might say. Beats the same old flames.

• 3 weeks later...

What about using a Camaro master with a Camaro slave? Will the Camaro master not adapt easily? Seems like the logical choice but since nobody is throwing that option out there, I assume there is a prob with it. Please advise.