HybridZ

how airtight does this intercooler need to be?

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...ive been jb welding the crap outta this inter-cooler...trying to get rid of leaks......i've got it now to where @ 20 psi i get "bird shot" size (tiny) bubbles coming up (outta one place) at about 2 per second......when i put 20psi it'll hold (some pressure) for at least 30mins.....at this point i put in 18psi and its down to 16 after about 15-20mins.....reckon thats good enough?..........s

Guest De Schmaydee

....yeah..i really should.....paid enough to not have to put up w/this bullsh!t....but i was really planning on getting in this jwt upgrade+evc-4+bypass/blow-off deal(s) over the long weekend and it wont happen w/o the i.c. being in there....also have a clutch slave cylinder and hose to do too....and the next long weekend or vacation (i'm free) is wayoff.... it will be last of august before i have the time to do it.....s

Guest De Schmaydee

oh yeah....

thats pretty much the plan....i'd really prefer to have him make me another AND TEST IT....and just send this one back after i have rcvd the new one.....i'm really anxious to get these things in,.....+ i dont want to mess around wthis JWT thing for a year (like i did the intercooler)then find out it doesnt work..... .s