HybridZ

found my new project car!!!!!!!!!!!

well today after a long hunt i found my new project car. its a 76' 280 thats a good candidate. there is minimal rust on the car except for the rear valance under the taillights. the frame rails, quarters, and floorpans look to be in good shape. there is no carpet and it needs a new drivers seat. the motor and trans has already been removed. the car also needs a new winshield and all new weather stripping. the previous owner removed the weather stripping/ windows to paint the car. what i'm getting with the car is a new master cylinder,rotors, struts,hooker motor mounts, a tranny mount and the paint and prep supplies to finish the paint. the color is a bmw metallic blue. i got it all for 400 bucks. it's going to need a little work before its ready for the street but not to much body work. i'll post pics soon.

so it begins 2thumbs.gifhail.gifrockon.gifcheers.gif

i sure will. one thing i'm wondering though is about the v8 kit from hooker. if i remember correctly isn't it the same a the scarab kit. if so would the tranny crossmember still work with the jtr motor mounts? i would really like to have the motor sit as far back as possable. better wieght transfer for auto x and so forth.

what all comes in the jtr kit. i was really wondering what must you have with it such as mounts, tranny mount, ect.... i've heard that there is a lot of unneeded parts that you don't really need with it. any help would be great. the other thing i was wondering was would the hooker tranny mount still work or would it have to be the one from jtr.

I used all the parts in my jtr kit. Some guys don't use the front crossmember spacers, but you will use everything else. Personally, I would have liked if the steel parts came painted and all the nuts & bolts provided as well. That car sounds like a good candidate. Have you got a motor yet?

going to put my 406 in it for starters. it's got to much torque off idle though. in the future i plan on putting in a twin turbo motor built more for high speed runs like silver state challenge and those sorts. the current motor is good for about 460hp and 460 tq. i've got over 350 ftlbs of tq at 2000 rpm. makes for a good smoke show though

Guest Anonymous

Great, I can't wait to see a v8 Z car running around town. I saw a 280 in the Advocate a couple of weeks ago, is that the one you bouught? I never called on it, and then I went out of town for two weeks so I guess I lost my chance. Unfortunately I just bought a house so my Z-car project is going to be put on hold for a little while. emo.gif Good luck with the project, keep us all posted.

Rick