HybridZ

T-56 install Weir adapter

Has anyone used this yet? I am planning on ordering one very soon and would like to know experiences. For those of you that don't know, this allows you to use a normal clutch / flywheel instead of the pull type. Much cheaper and much better selection. From looking at the pictures it looks like it will also eliminiate the slave cylinder blocking the exhaust pipe problem!!!! :-D

They have a website now too! http://www.weirhotrodproducts.com/

Guest Tht1KSguy

Have you thought about the new modular bellhousing from McLeod? I saw it in Hot Rod a month or so ago. Looks like a very promising solution. I know they have it setup for a normal push style clutch. Try http://www.mcleodind.com Only thing I haven't seen from them yet is pricing? Anybody know where they have that listed?

Ryan

Thanks!!! I just took a look, sounds very promising. I will call this afternoon and try to get a price. I know Weir is getting about $580 for the belhousing & TO bearing and $70 for the master cyl. So I'll post what Mcleod tells me too!

Very interesting, the Mcleod has a few options, if you use a 153 tooth flywheel you can buy just the hyd. TO bearing and use the stock bellhousing. That will let you use a push type clutch. That's $300 - $400. The bellhousing is a scatter shield and will be available in about 90 days and cost about $416 retail. That will allow you to use a 168 tooth flywheel. Hmmm having an SFI approved scattershield would be very nice, but I don't know about waiting 90 days. They also said the scattershield is adaptable to other transmissions!