HybridZ

280ZX - Replacement Gauges / Tach / Speedo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I wasn't sure where to put this question as there doesn't appear to be an "Interior" section or "Electrical"... Unless i'm going blind and missed it :)

I'm looking to replace the tach / speedo / water / fuel / oil / amp / clock in my 83' 280ZX. I'm looking at autometer gauges or something similar, like VDO. Any brands available to Australia that anyone would recommend? White face, silver bezel.

I'm looking to have in dash everything, so a bit of work on my part and they'll mount flush with the existing setup. How hard would this be to do and retain the existing wiring in the car?

Anyone done this before, if so, examples?

You know I never get sick of people asking me for help! It makes me feel useful! :D

What do you mean as far as flush with the existing set up? The water temp, oil pressure, and volt meter that I used for my 3 center gauges are pretty much in their stock position. The speedo and tach are raised above the stock location though. I dont think you could put it behind surface of the gauge bezel(tach and speedo) unless you cut open the gauges:shock: and that would make the warrenty VOID!

If you have any questions about my set up just email me or post here.

Guy :D

Guest Anonymous

After looking at your setup, I think i'll do it exactly the same way. I'll be using the autometer lite gauges. Silver bezel around, they should suit my CD player etc.

I'll be working on a site sometime soon, and i'll update with the modifications and pictures as I go along.

P.S. I did a search almost as soon as I posted, made me feel like a real idiot. It's all there, if I only look before I open my mouth :)