HybridZ

I feel like I conquered the world

Ok. so maybe that is an exaggeration but I still feel good.

Here is my story. I had been having clutch issues of late. This morning I went to go to work and got in the Z and the clutch would hardly shift. So I figured I had been having what I thought was master cylinder issues. First I thought, let me bleed the line and make sure it isn't air in it. Well, the fluid was mud. I figure that is not good and maybe the cause. So I flush the system untill it runs clear. Fully bled and still no clutch pressure. So I had ordered a new master cylinder from Courtesy Nissan and I open the box and it is one for a zx. Well that sucks. So I go down to Autozone and ask for one. Sure enough the give me one that looks just like my old one. I think. So I put it in, bleed the line etc. Well the pedal is sitting 1.5" closer to the firewall than before. So I adjust it. And adjust it. No luck. I go to the furthest it will let me and I am at 7" from fire wall. My manual says 8.78". What the &^%$, right. It looked good. Well it must have been for a 260 or something. So off to the Z doctor who has the right parts for more than you want to spend. But it was totaly worth it. I bought a master and slave from them. Got home and in 25 min with my friends help get both in and adjusted. Works just fine.

So the morale of the story is: make sure your parts are correct. It cost me a day almost. And lots of skin off my hand trying to adjust the wrong master cyinder to work.

I am pretty new at the game so this is amazing for me. I am sure most out there have done this sort of thing a hundred times before.

But anyway, I am pleased.

Happy motoring, and enjoy the weekend.