HybridZ

vg30dett swap into 70-73 240z

Guest ColoradoZ

Guest ColoradoZ

Ok I'm a newb to this whole classic hybrid scene. I need to know a few things. How much, and would it be possible to do. I would like to do the following to a 240z (say i have none of it). I want to put a vg30dett, plus the z32tt tranny, and its rear diff r230 Lsd if i'm not mistaken. a 280zx front and rear brake conversion, with m/c. some coilovers that would fit the car, custom driveshaft if needed. now i have the car, and can get the engine(complete with tranny) and all for 3000$, how much would the rest cost, and would it be possible???? any imput would greatly help

Guest ColoradoZ

Iv'e seen that web site and I know it can be done, my Friend can weld like no ones bisness,so im not too worried about that, but i'm wondering if i'd have to make some custom exhasut manifolds for the turbos????

Guest Anonymous

I don't think the welding is the hard part. Its all the fabrication and relocation/modification of existing components....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest galo913

any one know what existing components would need to be modified? what kinds of problems would a fairly adept mechanic run into while doing this swap?

• 4 years later...