HybridZ

Roll bar pics

Any reason you chose to bring the rear supports all the way to the back instead of tying them into the strut towers?

Both the instructions and the NHRA rule book show the rear bars going all the way back. I don't know if the bends in the rear

bars are technically legal, but I've seen many like this pass Tech at the track.

:cheers:

Don

Katman' date='

I'd like to think that NHRA has studied a few crashes over the years and determined that this type of bar is adequate. Wishful thinking?

:cheers:

Don[/quote']

Must be okay for the type of crashes they expect in drag racing, although I'd go out on a limb to say its possible you're actually worse off with most of these "cages" then you are without (extra weight up high, therefore more tendency for a rollover, very little additional protection). Heck it's drag racing relatively slow street cars (I'm sure the requirements for top fuel and funny cars are different), what could possibly go wrong? Wouldn't use an NHRA cage in road racing though.