HybridZ

what offsect and etc for these flares?

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

hey guys.... well sense i cant get watanabe rims im going with Panasport C8R rims.

going with 16x8 up front, and 16x9 out back.

thing is i dont have my flares yet.

i want ZG flares.... i just dont no what company.

msa or clasic dutsun.

i love the way the ZG flares look with the way wider rear flares then the front. anybody know which ones?

i guess ill go with classic datsuns.... so what offset and such with those flares?

mike

Guest the_dj

I would go nuts for a set of FS 16's in a 16x9 or wider size. I wish they had them sooooo bad :(

Even a look alike would be ok, as long as it looks exactly the same as the fronts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

With 7" wide rims and 245 wide tires you would run about a 10mm offset that would move the center of the wheel rim closer to the center of the car (in). As you go wider in tire and rim you will have to go the oposite direction by width increase. If you have 9" rims in the back you'll have to move the center 50mm toward the outside of the car or 40mm out from center. At that point you could probably run about a 295 series tire. You'll need at least 3 1/2" flares to do this. Best thing is to talk with someone local that really knows wheels and tires and can maybe allow you to "test fit" a few before buying.

Guest ON3GO

well im not sure what ZG flares ill buy.. i reall like the look of the ones who's rear flare is abit wider.

I spoke to Panasport and they need the exact size of the flares to find out what i need for my rims.

the rims will be 16x8 up front, and 16x9 out back.

im running 8in coil-over springs also.

Anybody have a idea?

Guest shauno_

I'm running 17X10's in the back and 17X8.5's in the front. I have 41mm offset on both wheels with a inch and a half spacer front and rear. The rims look awesome under there. and they really fill the well.

I'm trying to add some pics to my gallery as we speak.

Guest zline

Mike,

Whats going on buddy? I hope you got the headlights sorted out, sorry I couldn't help you with that =. This is something I can help with however.

Although I'd rather reccomend you run 16x7f 16x8.5r that way you can 1. save a bit of money on tires 2. use a small section high sidewall tire over t eh front and stretch it to get super response from the front, the rear still has enough width to have a medium sidewall high section tire and will still clear comfortably with your 8" coil springs.

Offset wise. for the front, with the CD overfenders i'd run -7 or 8 for the rear, like domenic said -10 or 11 you need a negative offset wheel to push the wheel OUT

Goodluck with whatever you pick, if you have more questions you know how to contact me

- Daniel

Guest ON3GO

I was going to do 16x7 F, 16x8.5 R, but theres really no difference in price, from what panasport said even though it seems like nothing to do from a 8.5 to 9, he said you can clearly see the difference.

so with the sizes I picked out with CD zg flares it would be -7 for the front and a +8 or a -8 for the rear? And that would bring me flush or abit out with the flares right.

on a side note, does anybody have any pictures of there cars with Classic Datsun ZG flares? Im trying to figure out the difference in look between the 2.

Thanks