HybridZ

I could use some input from you guys.

OK, this isn't a Nissan/ Datsun related but this is the largest gathering of peopple with know how to answer my questions, so here I go.

I own a 2003 KIA spectra 1.8L 5speed that I want to boost so bad I can taste it. I was thinking a simple Garret T3 from JGS Tools bacause I they would also make the manifold and have a package price of $550 for Turbo & manifold

Here are the specs:

TB03

.60 Trim T3 compressor wheel rated at 35lb/min

High flow standard .68 trim T3 turbine wheel

.48 A/R T3 turbine housing

how can I figure out if this turbo will work well on my Kia? they sell the same turbo with thier 1.8L Mazda miata kit so can I asume it will work well on my 1.8?

I'm afraid that a T3 will be to big.

Yeha, but if it sucks i'll be stuck with a $500 paper weight.

what are the specs on the 280 Z's and 300ZX T3's?

JGS also has the same basic package but with a T3/O4B turbo for $655 the same options at the straight T3 as far a A/R so would there be an atvantage to a T3/O4B with the same A/R? They claim full boost (7psi) on thier test car (1.8L Toyota) came at 2300-2700 RPM, is that good? I'm use to hitting full boost at around 1500-2000 RPM. but I only run 5psi daily and have similar turbo on a much bigger engine.

A B would be better then a straight t3 as far as flow, any idea what the spec's are on the wheels in the turbo's.

This is kind of intriging me, since no one would expect one of those to be fast. Wonder what the limits are?

I .48 ar should be fine on a 1.8, unless you are going for insane power, then I would step up to the .63 .

Make sure to run a good exhaust, and try to pull the air in from a cool source.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I don't think a T3 would be the way to go on that engine. I would size a TDO5 16G from Mitsubishi or a T28. The price looks good but I dont know about a Hybrid Garrett unless your looking for more than 300hp.