HybridZ

Ran a sportbike :-)

Z-Gad

I was out for a little drive this evening before I put the car to bed for 2 months and rolled up to a stoplight on Conway road (for you locals). It is 2 lanes each way and nice and straight. I figured, I got rained out of the dragstrip last week, I still had a 1/4 tank of 114, boost still set to 22 lbs and wanted to have a little fun. I know it would have been there when I got back, but I felt the need to let loose a little 8) Anyway, I was in the right lane, there was a pick-up to my left and a sport bike of unknown size or origin (I am really motorcycle illiterate unless it is a Harley since they are very distinctive) rolls up behind me. The light turns green, I roll out nice and smooth, shift second, shift into 3rd ~ 40mph and then the bike guns it, zips around to my left side in front of the pick-up and my foot goes to the floor. Boost hits, and it's on ... my tires start screaming and hook suprisingly well, bike is at my side mirror, I wind out 3rd to 6K RPM, shift into 4th, bike has dropped back slightly and is at my door handle. I stay in it for a couple more seconds to ease my curiosity. The bike is still at my door handle. I let out of it and slow back down to the speed limit. The bike continues on, flying past me going to wherever it is he was going.

As for details on the sport bike, all I can tell you really is that it had 2 headlights molded in to the front, a really wide tire on the back and a large chrome exhaust exiting on the right side.

Just thought I'd share and I guess I DO have something to think about while I am gone :D:D

What a rush :lol:

Guest gprix1

I garantee you suprised the hell out of that bike. Too bad you didn't get the jump on him or have enough safe area to keep pulling. He won't be bragging about that one :)

I owned a Yamaha R1 and have gone as fast as 10.7 in the quarter but on a bad day as slow as 12's and it doesn't feel all that differant. It's all in the launch off the line. On the street if you punch it off the line with a 12 second car that bike will not catch you if you catch him snoozin'. It really pisses them off because almost all of them believe no street car can take um.

A friend of mine and I in his C5 Corvette had fun on a back mountain road called Mines Rd. (between San Jose and Livermore, CA) that the fast bike riders like to drag knee pucks on. We got in front of a pack and left them several times for fun and they had knees on the ground and pegs draggin' (great video footage). They would catch up a little bit on long straights but that was very seldom and only because we slowed down for them from earlier. I know that messed with them because I used to ride with them and we ALWAYS blew by cars to where we believed cars (aka - cages) were just slow (which in most cases was actually true); passing Porsches, 'Vettes, etc we were the sh#t! :twisted: . What we didn't know was that a lot of the time, it was just the driver not the car and we were just damn lucky to never get our asses handed to us. That is, until Frank and I showed up that day. I'm sure that was a lesson they won't soon forget. he he :twisted:

I heard the road is all chip-sealed now but it should be good by next summer. I plan to take another trip up there when I get the 383Z done.

Two great stories!!! I can't wait till I have a bike encounter. I think I know where I can stir up some trouble on that one though. There is a good twistie road that runs out to Eureka Springs, AR which the town always has some type of fest or car show/bike show going on. Man I cant wait!!!

ds

See you guys in a couple of months. I 'm about to head out the door and I am not sure what I'll do w/o my daily HybridZ fix :cry::cry:

Talk to you all soon and "Keep the shiny side up!!"

Mike Gadwaw

Orlando, Fl

gprix1-mines road isnt chip sealed-its chip sealed up by the observatory.i rode that road on my new fz1 on memorial weekend.fz1= r1 for old guys that dont bend to fit a bike any more.but i put the ivans jet kit and a slip on to the fz1 and its real healthy.dynoed at 130 at the wheel.my turbo z is for daill driving and track days.will be at thill july 10.

Guest gprix1
gprix1-mines road isnt chip sealed-its chip sealed up by the observatory.i rode that road on my new fz1 on memorial weekend.fz1= r1 for old guys that dont bend to fit a bike any more.but i put the ivans jet kit and a slip on to the fz1 and its real healthy.dynoed at 130 at the wheel.my turbo z is for daill driving and track days.will be at thill july 10.

Cool, I need to let my friend know who lives in Santa Clara and like to ride that road. He is the one that told me it is chip-sealed.