HybridZ

nitrous articles you might want to read

Guest the_dj

That second one I don't think has to do with cars. ;) I figure it'd be bad to use the N2O for yourself while driving? 50 shot for the driver. No no bad.

Thanks for more reading as usual. :D

DJSS

Guest kc6wfs

hehe.

I 1st used nitrous in the back of a limo. Was a good night on the way to a concert.

Hated the concert because I wanted to keep going back to the limo and have more. :(

2nd time i had it was in the hospital getting my compound fractures of the tib/fib set.

It still hurt but I was in a nothere state at that time.

Be smart.

Dave

cheers.gif

your totally correct but its in there for anyone that thinks taking a few good hits off the bottle is a fun idea, and to make you check all your connections for leaks!if you get a migrain while useing the stuff!

BTW they ADD SULFER DIOXIDE to car NITOUS JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A HUGE HEADACHE IF YOU BREATH IT! TO KEEP THE MEDICAL MIS- USE TO A MINIMUM!

Guest super280z

stolen from Torquecentral, i thought it was worthy of this thread:

May 2002 Vol 8 No 3

First off, GMHTP stands for GM High Tech Performance for any newbies out there who may be wondering. This month's new edition has a wonderful article on Nitrous Oxide for the F-body LS1 cars. The article is titled "Don't Say it, Spray it" and it is a must read for anyone considering Nitrous.

Anyway, GMHTP tested a 99 (I believe) Huger Orange Camaro Z28. This test car had a MTI cam (suspected T1), Long tube headers, off-road Y pipe and a Borla Cat back. It had a baseline dyno of 376 RWHP and 374 RWTQ prior to installing a TNT (Texas Nitrous Technologies) wet kit on it.

The article also has a good article on the old Nitrous debate of Wet vs Dry systems.

1. Dry - uses stock fuel delivery and uses the cars PCM to adjust for the added air via the MAF sensor. Also a dry kit is installed ahead of the MAF.

2. WET - injects Nitrous Oxide and Fuel into the intake of the car. Is installed after the MAF and before the TB typically. Or the Direct Port which is installed directly into the intake just under the fuel injectors. These kits inject fuel so that the stock PCM doesn't have to adjust, and as it is after the MAF, it won't.

OK, back to the subject at hand. The testing of the LS1 on the hose and how it did. First off let me caution you that every car is different and your results can and may very well vary from those about to follow.

TNT has long been known as one of THE kits to by for Nitrous Injedction. They spend particular detail to the solenoids and their design. Also the nozzels are made of stainless steel (patented) and are designed for optimal contact patch and spray of the fuel and Nitrous. Not only do TNT kits put down the power they advertise... usually they make a bit more power then expected.

Ok, Ok, on to the results!

First they installed the kit into the LS1 car via a typical plate system kit. I.e. not a direct port, but a very very nice kit nonetheless. They have excellent pics (although not in color) as to the install and the process involved in modifying the cold air lids for those of us in non-stock format.

First they jetted the kit for a 75 hp shot, checked the air fuel mixture on the car, and dynoed with a wide band o2 to keep and eye on the fuel mix. The car gained an amazing 101 HP on the 75 shot pills and gained right at 183 lbs tq. Let me say that again so it sinks in... they gained 101 RWHP and 183 RWTQ with a 75 shot pills!

At the very least the testers at GMHTP were impresse, but they went on to test further by jetting up to the 100 shot pills. The car gained another 23 HP and 54 TQ! that is 124 HP and 227 TQ over the car's baseline or basically netting out now to 498RW HP and 601 RW TQ!

Not wanting stop there, and all in the name of research they went on a tad further and jetted up to the 150 shot. ON this pass they knew they were taxing the stock fuel system with the car already after monitoring it leaning out some on the 100 shot pass, however, they opted to try anyway and replace the 150 shot fuel pill with the 200 pill just to try to boost the fuel mix a little richer. Needless to say the car went up to an overall benchmark of 524.3 RWHP and 626.8 RWTQ with the 150 shot jets. Now, on this pass the car did run lean. More lean than they liked to see, however it did make a remarkable amount of horsepower.

Why did the TNT kit make 101 RW gain on a 75 shot? Well 1) they rate their kits at RW HP figures where others may not, and 2) this car already had a cam in it designed to move more air. Could these be the only two reasons? Sure, and remember, every car is different. Your results may and can very well be totally different.

TNT recommends that if you really plan on running the hose that you must make sure that your fuel mix is right in order to be safe. TNT also offers a full array of fuel system upgrades for those that really want to get serious. As TNT's advertising banner in the magazine says... "Your next purchase will be Slicks!!!!" Rest assured that the TNT kit on a stock or modded F-body sure does make the TQ and HP to really make your tires smoke!

And as a side note... the test car... did it live the testing... yes it did, but it did break an axle on the drive home! You gotta pay to play people! But, if you get the chance... get this issue of the magazine if you are even considering Nitrous Oxide for your F-body car (or any car for that matter) and read it line by line.

Thanks GMHTP for a great article and thanks to TNT for the kit for them to test so they could tell all the rest!

Sources:

GMHTP - www.gmhightechperformance.com published 6 times per year.

TNT

Texas Nitrous Technology

194 FM E,

Tyler, TX

www.nitrous-power.com

Thanks for reading folks... I know this was long, but well worth the time!

[sarcasam]BTW: be sure and use the med grade stuff if you're gonna sniff. [/sarcasam]

Peace,