HybridZ

90/10 Front struts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Thurem

I think I could revalve the stock setup, with stock not being the slide in cartridge. It would be a trial and error thing though, as I don't have access to a shock dyno. A friend of mine might still have the stock guts from a 280 laying around.

Thure

I am using Tokico Illuminas. Not a true 90/10 but it gets the job done. What you want is a quick rebound/slow compression on the front and the opposite on the rear. When I ran the Nissan IRS, I also had them on the rear suspension. I now have a similar adjustable shock on the Vette IRS. On launch my front-end comes up quickly and the rear squats quickly for maximum weight transfer then the car settles back to normal slowly so as not to unload the rear too quickly. If it was a solid rear I would probably have a foot or 2 of air under the front tires.

I know this goes against all conventional thinking for the non drag racers but who is going to argue with mid-1.40s 60'. The beauty of the Illuminas is that you can adjust them to this setting when you get to the track and set them back before driving home. All other times you can carve canyons if you so desire.

• 1 year later...