HybridZ

How to polish the carb intake manifold? Please help!

260ZRED

Guys what would be the best way to polish the SU intake manifold?

heres what I tried so far... with not so good results

1. 100grit sanding discs on my hand held 'dremel' rotary - but they fall appart after 20 seconds of sanding. and leave deep gouge marks.

2. steel wool by hand - :roll: dont even ask

3. sandpaper - cant get to the curved areas

I'm gonna dry wire brushes (still waiting for them to come in) but if any body has ANY ideas on how this is done the easy way, Im all ears..

This will not help you at all, but this is how Ztherapy say they do it...

Polish: We took great pains to find the correct surface finish for the aluminum. These are concourse quality carbs that are sold by Courtesy Nissan's Z Store, Motorsport Auto, Fairlady Products, NOPI, Roadster Restorations, and other regional shops. Our machine shop uses a "tumbler" machine that beats the aluminum with a special media at 22 G's of force. The result is a carb body that is highly polished inside and out. Every nook and cranny is polished equally. This is impossible to get with a buffing wheel or other type of polish. It greatly increases the surface density of the aluminum, inhibiting tarnishing and corrosion. A side benefit is that it also polishes the inside of the dome. This makes our job easier when we match up domes and pistons for a more consistent air flow through the carb mouth. It also makes cleaning the carb easier!