HybridZ

vortecs

Guest gbvol54

Yep. I got mine on ebay for $375 (including shipping). New/unused. Leaving them stock limits lift to around .470, but with the right cam (Xtreme 262 for example) still good for close to 400 hp.

Guest jwelch

Hey Grumpy,

I just received my vortecs from these guys today. 400 with shipping, won them on ebay. These are brand new heads but they are seconds meaning they wouldn't pass as "A" quality part because of blemishes. Mine look good but I did notice some chips in the casting where the valve cover mates. I hope these don't leak oil or I will be :mad: I'm going ahead with some minor machining -.100" off the valve guide and trying some new "stock" LT4 springs that are good for .525" lift. I looked at the springs you recommended on the thread I started "Vortec Tolerance" but they are way to expensive for my budget. I'm trying to stay under $750.00 on these heads. What do you think about the LT4 springs? I will still have to machine for the larger diameter too. Any thoughts? 2thumbs.gif

Regards,

the lt4 spring part # 12551483 1.32 dia. 101-lb seat/332lb average pressure installed at 1.78 height is a very good spring as long as the cam lift stays at about .525 or less. but the springs that comp cams,crane,erson, sell are better quality in the higher lift range springs, if you stay at or bellow .525 lift youll be ok if the machine shop clearances your heads correctly.