HybridZ

Holley Commander 950

DatsunBoy77

Does anyone have any experience with this system. Being a Holley distributor, I get very good deals on all of their products and have started collecting some for my 83 turbo motor. The main concern i have is that there is no on i know with a L-series motor with this. Also I am not sure how it will fit up with a L series because of the crank sensor. There is probably an easy way to get around this but i havent figured it out yet, but I havent really tried, just mainly toying with the idea.

Anyone that has any experience with this please let me know of any problems encountered with it. Thanks,

Ryan

It is a very good deal for me becuase I can do the whole setup for under a grand. I probably wont even be setting it up until i put the car away for the winter, but I want to make sure when i finally get to it I will be ready. its too bad my job isnt any other distributor than companies geared at american muscle. It makes me a little nervous if i will be the first with this on their L-Series.

Ryan

I set up one of these on a built 406 Chevy - Awesome system!

I'll get the manual from the shop tomorrow and look up some specs. I "think" it has provisions for several "divide by" ratios for ignition - I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I distribute Holly also and have been doning some homework on the systems. It does read a few different crank signals Haleffect being one of them and I see they offer a kit for Hal or Magnetic pick ups. It does read a MAP sensore up to 3 bar and that is the biggest deal to me. I list a jobber cost of $1,147.00 for the 950-115 universal system, not a bad deal and I am sure it can be worked on a L6. Go for it and let us know.

Just got off the phone with holly Tech, the system looks good but I don't know about mapping how tricky is it to tune Speeder?

Yeah i can get the basic system for a little under $800 and can get the other stuff pretty cheap so i am definatly leaning towards it but fear the tuning. Jut going through the web site it doesnt look so bad but it is probably more difficult than it looks. http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950.html

Got to apologise to you guys - haven't been out to get that manual yet, but I will, and look up the distributor setup stuff.

It's pretty easy to tune - has 16X16 maps for fuel and ignition, very user - friendly PC software.

Probably in between Haltech and Electromotive in difficulty -

Guest the_dj

Tuning is more time consuming than difficult. 15% figuring out what all the little boxes/tables mean exactly, and 85% meticulously filling them in. Overall, it's pretty easy and provides great satisfaction at the end.

And if you don't like something, or you make a change to the car, it's easy to reprogram it for the new change. :)

I'm selling my Haltech now, I may replace it with this system in a few months when I am ready to do the engine swap to the street car...