HybridZ

Spacer calculation verification

ok... i think this is right.. I'm tryn' to maintain the OEM space between rim and strut with these calculations.

I have 2 17x7" rims up front with a 38mm offset

I calculated a 48mm spacer is what i would need to bring back into OEM spec w/ the strut clearance distance

For the back 2 17x8" rims with a 38mm offset

I calculated a 61mm spacer is required to bring the rear into OEM spec of strut/wheel clearance.

(i have a about a 2- 2 1/2" flare in the back so i know it will bump it out thas what i'm going for.)

So all you offset experts do these calculations look correct ? If so i need to call Ross C.

thanx,

ED

Ed, you calculations are probably correct if you took into account the present offset of your wheels and the increased width. Although I have NOT done the measurements, from an eyeball point of view that looks "about right."

Ross C has all those calculations I'm sure, so go ahead and email him what you have and what you think will work--he'll either confirm it, or he'll tell you what would be a better solution.

Maybe he'll chime in???

Ah, also: are you using coil-overs or no?

Davy

Ed, have you checked your calc's using a URL within my FAQ'S?

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/mm_faq.php

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

It depends on your existing wheel width and offset if you plan to maintain the location of the inside of your wheel to strut as you say (ie. you are not maintaining your centreline, you're describing maintaining your wheels innermost location-distance to your strut tube).

Work the above URL such that the clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be THE SAME if that is your goal (perhaps you already have but I'm skeptical as I believe your innermost point will be moving inward).

Ross yes i used your calculator to get those numbers but i'm not sure if i did it correctly. off the other thread i started i used the numbers givin. my car had steel wheels OEM so i put in 5" 15mm offset then the other rim put in 7 and 38mm offset cause that is the offset of the new rim. then the distance it said the rim would move IN i used that number for my spacer. thas how i came up with 48mm. I would think that would be the right distance. I just checked it again... if you subtract 38mm fromt the 48mm spacer give you -10 and if you put -10 in as the offset of a 7" wheel it says it stays the same on the inside. So i guess i did the calculations right?

Also i do not have coil-overs that will come next paycheck.

-Ross maybe you could drop me a line or something? i really need confirmation on if you can make these adaptors (4-5 lug 5x114.3) or not? I'm on a time crunch with the wheel distributor.

Thanx a ton!

-Ed

Sourcandy@hotmail.com