HybridZ

got the CA18ET in the 67 1600 roadster

i have two pics up but i have alot more just not enuf time to post them. http://zdriver.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4259 there is another there too i'd make them show up here but i don't know how :) That thing dropped in nicely drive shafts are the same slpines are the same went right in.The tranny mount fit good had to drill new holes in the mount under the car but it was only like 1" away from the old holes.Got the clutch hooked up and throttle.Still have to make tow mounts for the front of the motor but those are easy.I can use the stock gauges except for the tach it's mechanical so i'll have to get a elec one.They never changed the speed sensor since 67 the 84 tranny hooked right to the 67 cable!!This thing looks like it should be in there and fits nice.I have to relocate the battery in the trunk but not a big deal.The new engine is wider cuz of the intake and turbo but nothing gets in the way..Might run an elec fan but i'm not sure yet i have alot more to do to it before i make many more decisions.I suprised the lady with working on it all day today she is very happy she wants to drive it but only after i do and tune it right ;)We have alot of work before it is driven on the road but it will be nice.

The little car is going to just rock when that is finished!! Just be sure to put a nice paint job on it when you finish for your gal :2thumbs:

I think the swap is a great one. Has someone passed along some helpful info who has done it before or is this a solo project?? Looking great BTW.

Davy