HybridZ

Cost vs. Durability--Connecting Rods and Pistons?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Getting ready to build my motor finally--!!! Would like some information on Cost vs. Durability when it comes to Connecting Rods and Pistons. Basically, who is the best manufacturer I should buy from and why?

The motor ofcourse is a 81 turbo motor. I am aiming for 500+ HP on low boost levels. I am planning on stroking the motor with the diesel crank, but not sure of what combo of parts are needed for a relatively safe low and high boost setup. I know there are a bunch of you guys doing this setup. So, help me out and tell me what is working best for you.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

aka 81TURBO

Oh yeah-----Anyone interested in buying an original BAE Turbo setup :)

You don't need custom rods at 500 hp, the stock one's prepped are fine. Shotpeen, bush for floaters, polish and use ARP rod bolts.

Pistons are a personal choice, I used Ross Racing, and like them. Its really a matter of personal opinion, and who gives you the better deal.

Be prepared for an education when dealing with pistons, and different rods. You need some specific info when placing an order.