HybridZ

one quick question...

Guest Zachb55

Guest Zachb55

Ok the RB26 swap is almost something i could go over in my head operation wise (like all the different steps) because you guys have explained it so well and it such great detail, Thank you VERY MUCH. i really want to do this swap, but a simple thing is bothering me about it, something i like to call relative parts availability. something that i havent found to be well covered is how you guys get things like an oil filter in seattle for a car not even domestic to this country? i say relative because i am comparing to other swaps like say a 2JZ a GN or 13B. i was strongly considering a GN but the AT scared me off, i must be able to shift.... thanks for all the help guys.

-Zach

I'd go with the 2JZ. While not as cool as saying you have a Skyline engine, the 2JZ-GTE is just about as good as the RB and parts are readily available. You won't have to wait for parts from overseas or pay ridiculous prices for them. Also, you can get technical manuals dealing with it, unlike the RB26. The 2JZ isn't cheap by any means, but it will probably be worth it in the long run and you'll be able to do your own shifting.

Hi All,

well if general sercive parts is your worry then you can just stock up! There are places in the US that DO sell GTR parts, Motorworx is one of the ones that come to mind. Not sure of any others, but I know there are shops that support the strong import scene that the US has.

Otherwise buy the in from OS. In Australia an oil filter for the RB26DETT is AUD$4, so it is US$2. Postage wouldnt be much as it is compact and light.

Don't tell me you cant get spark plugs to suit a RB26DETT in the US...

Guest Zachb55

well you know i really am leaning towards the RB because at this point it is much more supported, does anyone know of any 2JZ conversions besides that "Zupra" on ebay a while back??? i mean i love the looks of both the RB and 2JZ, and performance-wise they are close, it comes down to this for me, which is cooler, you guys tell me what would you rather have a skyline GTR six speed twin turbo, or a Supra six speed TT ? i can tell you right now the wow factor is going to be higher with the skyline, sad thing is that around here half the guys dont have a clue what that is.... they prefere big blocks and big carbs... uggghhhhh, all that fuel money for so little tire spin :twisted: heck right now money wont permit either. but i think im going to start with the chassis, brakes, and suspension. then once i get another car i can give her the heart transplant and ill be crying tears of joy all the way home from the track once i get that 10 second slip.... i think imma keep it in the family and go with the NISMO POWER!!!!

-Zach

Guest GoaTSLonG

the supra 6 speed wont work because the tranny is much too long the only way i could think of it working is with alot of custom linkage, the RB26 getrag 6speed defiantly wont work because its for AWD you have to get the RB25 5 speed RWD tranny out of a Skyline GT-ST. I will be starting my RB swap in January.

Guest Want aZ

I'm intrigued by the RB swap as well, but my main concern is sourcing an RB25 DET, have looked on the internet but have had no luck. Are there any importers here in the US that sell the whole deal (engine, harness, ECU, and Trans)? I could get from another source as I have a friend that is a marine in Okinawa, but that would be damn expensive going that route...