HybridZ

Help on 280zxt swap into 240z

Guest 240Z_72

Guest 240Z_72

I ran across a '82 280zxt with an extra turbo motor for CHEAP. I had been planning on rebuilding my 2.8L with drawthrough turbo since the turbo and exhaust are new. I am wondering if anyone has documented this swap, as it would be preferable in the end to use the 280zxt engine/efi/ecu. No way in hell I could do it without a book or documentation. Does anyone know where I can find detail on this swap?

Thanks,

~Kurt

http://showcase.netins.net/web/kms/

Pull the engine, pull the wiring - in tact. If its going into a 240 you need the wiring behind the dash as well, not just the mini-EFI portion. Pull the relays that are in the wiring, the fuse box as well. You will need to cut either some wiring at the relay box in the inner fender, or your going to need a saw to cut the body up a bit to enlarge the holes not only in the fender but through the firewall to pull the goods through.

Plan to spend 3 hours to a full day working on getting the harness out.

You also need of course the computer (drivers kickpanel), coil and coil bracket (has a transistor on it), and either grab the fuel pump or plan to get another EFI style pump down the road sometime.