HybridZ

Clutch Hydraulic Problem

Mike Mileski

I have a T-5 with a stock slave cylinder and the 7/8" Tilton master cylinder. I had the clutch system totally set up for several years before I finally got my car running about 5 months ago. When I first started driving it, the clutch worked perfectly. Just recently, it felt like it wasn't fully disengaging. I'd press the pedal in all the way but it was very difficult to get it in gear. Twice, at a stop light, I had to turn it off, put it in gear, and then start the car, just to get it going. The reservoir was still full and there were no leaks. Last night, I rebled both the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder but nothing changed, I could hardly get it to go in gear. I'm wondering if all those years it sat, with hardly any use (I only worked the clutch pedal every few months) if it could have caused the seals to go bad, and its only showing up now. Any ideas what I need to do, short of replacing both the master and the slave? Can the seals stop functioning without causing any leaks?

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ