HybridZ

Woo-Hoo I just got power steering in my 73 LS1 powered 240 Z

Guest silverbullet
My stock 70 240 got power steering the day I replaced the rubber steering coupler with a solid urethane one

Jim, do you mean you used the urethane coupler or the solid plastic one?

I think it was the solid plastic one. Whatever MSA sells. You could use a piece of steel plate for that matter.

I also did the steering rack bushings and control arm bushings at the same time, so hard to tell which made the bigger difference. My guess is the steering coupler, since in a parking lot the rubber one takes about a 1/8 turn of the wheel before the front wheels start to move. The car went from requiring both arms to park to spinning the steering wheel with the open palm of my hand. This was with P185 tires.

Stock Z's really have too much rubber in the front end.

Oh God, Spiirit resorts to toilet humor - you crack me up! In any case, the combination of Ex-Lax and a lack of underwear combine to create a forseeable problem. Fortunately, the solution is both easy and beneficial because you lose a bit more weight by cutting a set of closely aligned holes (both in the seat of the car and the floorboard) thereby allowing for the escape of problematic solids (or are they liquids at that point?). Said solids might otherwise tend to accumulate in the seating area thereby decreasing potential ETs.

Guest trickz

I went off the first turn at Talladega Grand Prix track in my 914-v8 (throttle lift over steer),now I know what the color of adrenlin is !!!! IT IS BROWN !!! :oops: