HybridZ

AOD, it fits or it don't. That is the question.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

78 280Z with 302. That 89 crown vic has a AOD. I need a drive shaft, I need a converter, and overdrive would be SWWEEEET!!

I need a trans that fits. Anyone run a AOD here?? Do I need a computer for this trans?

Oh yeah the linkage is all there to. Its a complete car.

I don't have my car running yet but I have test fit my aod in and it does fit depending on how far you put the motor back. My motor is back to the firewall, oilpan behind the crossmember and I had to grind the ears off the bell housing for more clearance. No you don't need a computer with that tranny but it does use a TV cable.

Don

Guest Phil1934

I put one in a '66 PU and would not recommend it. I had to cut the hump and raise it 3" and still too tight. Trans is big! Throttle controlled shifts with rod or cable.

Guest Anonymous

I was planning on using alsil's mounts cause I found a picture and my friend said he would fab them at a cost of three beers each :lol:

I have a complete everything and was considering just puttin the whole engine and trans in with maybe just a rering or something

how does the 351 fit??

• 3 months later...
Guest Lsb4life

i just got my aod in a few days ago and am driving it. the trans is too big and you will have to cut some metel away from your car to fit the kickdown cable and for the trans cooler. also i had to do my exhaust different and it hangs to low cause the oil pan hangs very low.it is a hard one to do unlike the 5 speed.