HybridZ

Speedracer where are you

staledale

Hey I got my Dayton wire wheels today. I just wanted to ask Speed if he had it to do over again would you buy the same size tires? They look great in the pictures but in real life only Speed would see little things that he might change. I also got my Jag axles and swing arms. they were on E-Bay narrowed to the right size and chrome plated. What a steal at $200.00 . Time to start building a GTO.

Hi Staledale - glad to see you’re working on your GTO. :lol: Yes, I would buy the same tires again. They just (and I mean just) fit inside the wheel openings but I think they look a lot like the real thing.

However, be careful of two things..1) your real suspension is different and 2) I've noticed that, on most 250 GTO kits, the passenger side rear wheel opening is in a different location then the drivers side. It's a bit farther rearward on the passenger side. If you go to Dunlop's site they have the dimensions of all their tires.

Thanks Speed. MY rear will be the same width as a Z, but my front offset is a little bigger than yours. May be trouble there. Bought all four wheels for $235. Were on a show car and don't have a mark on them. Have to get adp. yet, they're $65 each.