HybridZ

Engine Paint

Guest shuyun

Guest shuyun

What color is your block? Picts please.

Can you paint your head or is a colored ceramic coating the way to go?

Does anyone have the color code for nissan blue?

Does anyone make a Clear so I can have my block cleaned and polished then clearcoated or do I have to paint Silver then Clearcoat?

Guest Your Car is Slow

I use black...it hides dirt and other crap better :)

The "Engine Enamel" sold at most auto parts stores comes in just about any color you can imagine. Its good for up to 500deg...if your block reaches that temp..you have other issues :)

Dunno that id paint the head however.

Before you get all pricey, consider this: When detailing out my V-8 (Gloss black) for local car shows I was discusted by the cost of the engine enemal spray type paints found in the auto supply stores. Thought that there should be a better cost effective way. I thought that I would try (not a plug) Vista brand gloss black oil base enamel. The same stuff used on residential home applications. I have had great success with this product. The engine once painted took 24 hours to hard dry. But, after an overnight dry, the engine was ready to be driven. I show the car 1-2 times on weekends. Prior to each show I spend several hours detailing the engine. The use of engine degreaser has never effected the luster of the gloss finish, and the paint has remained fresh looking for the past 6 months.

I know there are some sinics out there, but two weekends ago I entered a show and took best engine. Now that has got to say something for the use and durability of that product. All I can say is "try it you'll like it". If nothing else, the cost savings and superior product is what you will benefit from. Three times the material at less than half of what you would pay at the auto store.

Hope this helps. Comps, VAN

Guest Zachb55

what i used was the auto parts store spray paint and to paint the aluminum head you just use an aluminum metal prep so the paint adheres correctly. i did this with all of my aluminum parts and the paint came out just as well as it did on the block, i was pretty happy for an under 10$ for a full new engine look! i would highly suggest you did this. i was lucky enough to already have some of the prep in my garage, i thin kit can be aquired at any auto-parts store that sells paints like my near-by NAPA

-Zach