HybridZ

Are 40mm Solex Side drafts big enough?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I am looking for a set of carbs for my blow-thru turbo set-up. I found some 40mm Solex carbs in good condition for a great price. Anyone have any ideas if the 40's will be big enough for a stock turbo longblock, with a bigger turbo cam? Also, how much boost can be had using these carbs? Thanks.

I've considered turboing my trippple Dellorto DHLA 40's. Where are you looking to get your plenum and tubo parts from? Might be better to use 44 Mikuni or 48 Dellortos but I got extra parts laying around so might make a turbo set up. Mike

Guest JAMIE T

Since "I'm The Man", I will build all of it myself. I have a complete L28ET(with all EFI and turbo, etc...) I will use the stock turbo to build a hybrid T3/T4, and use the stock exhuast manifold. But, the rest will be all mine. I am master of the TIG.

I figure I could get it together with the 40's and upgrade later when I can find some larger ones.

Ever consider selling your stuff, or do you already do this and I am just not "in the loop". Be nice to see some pics for others to drool over (well me), I too am a bit handy with a stinger, not so much on Aluminium as what I assume your creation would be made from. Mike

Guest JAMIE T

I would consider selling a kit AFTER I get mine dialed in. Mine is going to look old-school. I don't care for exposed welded seams. I will probably paint it with wrinkle black paint. I'm gonna make it say something on top of the plenum. I don't know what I want it to say yet, but it WILL be cool.

More likely, I will sell only a plenum. That way others can build there own IC piping to match the IC of there choice.