HybridZ

I've started

staledale

Have a couple of pictures up in my personal gallery. I've got a good start, gutted the inside and have the tar off the floor. Wasn't that bad, 1100 watt heat gun, putty knife, 5 gal bucket to sit on, and a little golden amber refreshment, bout 4 hrs and not working all that hard. Will drop the gas tank and get the drive train ready to remove tomorrow. Which someone wanted it. I'd give it to somebody who comes and picks it up.

that engine looks great, do you think you could get a new intake manifold with the carbs inline and maybe a couple of cam covers with Ferrari written on them?

I want one now

The distributor is right in the middle, I'll settle for the three in a row on each side. I will make covers to go over the Jag valve covers that look Ferrari like. Yes it is one peice front end with a forward lifting hood. Had to move all the parts to windsheild wipers (motor, arms, pivots) back 1/2 in. and over 5/8 in. to let the front end go back tight to the windsheild rubber. There was close to a 1 in. gap when I started. That let the front fenders over lap the doors a little. So now I trimed them back to get 1/8 gap at the door seams. (little to tight) There is still a little to large of a gap where the door starts to kick back and up to the windsheild post. That shouldn't be to hard to fill in. Didn't get to it yet today, had laundry day today. :D

staledale, what front is that? also what year jag was that from?

I have not seen a front clip like that where the bonnet bump is so far back and high (that is more like the real thing).

I'm thinking after I have driven mine for a couple of years I would redo a couple of areas like permanently fixing the existing bonnet (one piece at the moment) and cut a new bonnet (in the same shape as the real thing, i.e. slightly tapered from front to back and starting a lot further back - about just before where your bonnet bump starts), changing the back (like those ScorpionZ ones)

That's a Stable frontend. My problem will be the spread of the carbs and the height. I will have to make the bump a little higher and wider. The front carbs will be that high, oh I wish I had them 6 in a row. Get that 6 out and drop the V12 in and get a little better idea where things will fit.

That's a short stack, I'd love to have a little longer one about 4 inches but........ Thats why I have to drop it in to see if my measurements are right. The hood and fenders drop off so quick right about where the first set of carbs are. The width is a bigger problem. Couple days we'll know.

Hey RacerX havn't talk since I was looking for a paint gun. Now my air compresser isn't big enought. oh well.

No real up date pictures just yet. Unless you want to see my wheels and chrome axles. Got to strat striping out the drive train and make room for the frame rails. I still haven't figured out what gas tank to use. Which the fuel cells had an inlet offset to one side. Maybe a mustang tank might fit. Have a donor car for a Cobra that I'll have to climb under and measure.

Know anyone that needs a 72 intake with carbs(rebuilt) and all hardware?

What do you have going? I've not been reading the whole board lately. Haven't been up todate.

Hi Speed, That's something to think about. Don't think it would be to hard, but I've got a lot of issues to take care of first. I'm in that area where I start saying "will I did this, might as well do that". It's snowballing on me. Better that care of my basic's first. Frame, drive train, then maybe start thinking about body mods. I've got to fill in the rear side window as it is, but the hatch is just around the corner.

Got pics of my rear swing arms and axles to put up. Anyone get prices off that web site for door handles? I think he's now a member on HybridZ.

SpeedRacer, staledale:

I emailed that scorpion Z place and he is making a trunk kit which includes trunk, window, hinges, latch, and inner section. No set price yet but he expects it to be around $800

hood latches pair of two w/hardware (polished stainless) $350

leather hood straps pair of two (from italy ,hand made) $50

license plate light lens pair of two $75

italian style front signal light pair of two (from italy-hard to get) approx: price $250