HybridZ

VG30DET Flywheel question

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

I hve a VG30DET with out a flywheel

I am having trouble getting one is the VG30DE and VG30DETT have the same flywheel (just one is 9.5 inch and the other is 10)

its an 8 bolt one

are there any other cars that may have the same flywheel?

Is it a VG30 or a VQ30. I know the VQ30de in the maxima's use an 8 bolt pattern on the crank.

Honda Bseries engines, BMW, some Toyota MR2 and corrolla engines also use and 8 bolt crank but I am not sure of the bolt circle diameter. Still trying to find that out.

Anyone else know?

The maxima flywheel has 124teeth and 316mm O.D. I think it uses a 240mm clutch. I only have the auto flywheel right now. I will be getting the manual one soon. The crank bolt pattern is a 66mm bolt circle.

How does that compare to the VG30DET?

Thaniel

Guest Simon

S#&T!!!!! the VG30DETT flywheel is way too big. the flex plate which is on there now is 100 teeth and the DETT flywheel is 127 teeth or somthing like that, it hardly fits in the bell housing. does any one know the size of a VG30ET or VG30E flywheel..... im stuck i dont know what to use

Also i cant get the flywheel off the bolts are way too tight, any one have any tips to get them off?

is it auto?

are you saying that the vg30de flywheel is 9.5 inch and the vg30dett flywheel is 10 inch?

you may look on the tranny for a tranny code or something. if it is a nissan rwd manual it may look something like FS5R30A. if it's an auto then i'm not sure on the rwd tranny codes.

its a 5 speed RWD tranny

cant find any codes off it... i have a feeling it might be off a Z31 but i donno, its not off the motor, beacuse i know for a fact that the VG30DET (single turb and quad cam) cam out in auto only (as said from nissan)

thanks for you effort!!

Sim

yeah, those engines came in the nissan leopard and only came with an auto. if it came from a z31 it could be one of three different trannies. it could be the normally aspirated 5 speed which won't hold much power but would suffice on stock power of that engine, i think. it could be the borg warner t5 tranny which will handle about 400hp or it could be the nissan built tranny which is similar to the tt tranny and will handle 500 hp. since you said the vg30dett flywheel barely fit in the bell housing i'm betting the tranny is either the borg warner t5 or the n/a tranny. the 84-86 300zx's had a 240mm clutch. the 87-89 had a 250mm clutch which i believe is what the tt uses. apparently, from the clutch kits i'm seeing, the vg30de flywheel will work with that tranny. the vg30de uses a 240mm clutch. from what i can tell on various clutch sites the splines are the same for the vg30de[tt] and the vg30et clutches so you should be able to use either. if the splines are interchangable i would stick with a vg30de clutch since you need to use a vg30de flywheel. i hope this works out for you. good luck!

is the VG30DE flywheel the same as the VG20ET but 8 bolt? because the VG20ET one is the same size and the flex plate i have for my VG30DET but 6 bolt

the vg30de should be an 8 bolt that uses a 240mm clutch. that's the main thing you need to worry about, the size of the clutch. since it appears the tranny is the z31 n/a tranny you will need a 240mm clutch for it to fit in the bell housing.

a vg30de flywheel and clutch should work out for you. a good idea would be to go to a junk yard and try finding both of those and make sure it works out.

there isnt any junk yards in my state with a Z32 non turbo flywheel

so i will have to order it over the phone

does any one out there have one they can take a mesurement from... the outer most diamater of the ring gear...(also count how many teeth it has)

Thanks a lot

Sim