HybridZ

400 v-8 vs 350 v-8???

Guest Anonymous

It is the exact same swap I am not using the internaly balanced crank I do how ever have the smaller SFI damper and I am using the Large 168 tooth Flex plate with the Delco hitork starter from a 96 chevy 1/2 ton pickup that had the 5.7 liter engine (it is starter number 3 in the JTR manuel) my car is a 1976 280 = 660z

Originally posted by Georgia Flash 75V8:

Datsun 660,

When you say that the 400 will fit fine in the JTR position are you using the 400 external damper or are you using the 350 set up that Grumpy suggested?

The reason I ask is this, I may have a chance to buy a 71 Impala with the 400ci in the next couple of days and was wondering how much more work is invlolved in putting it in the Z rather than the 350. By the way I have a 280Z.

Datsun 660,

When you say that the 400 will fit fine in the JTR position are you using the 400 external damper or are you using the 350 set up that Grumpy suggested?

The reason I ask is this, I may have a chance to buy a 71 Impala with the 400ci in the next couple of days and was wondering how much more work is invlolved in putting it in the Z rather than the 350. By the way I have a 280Z.

Guest Anonymous

Just a idea, but Scat also make a 4.00" stroke crank for the 400 block that will give you 427.64cid with a stock bore, 433.89 cid with a .030" overbore. Food for thought.