HybridZ

Modified Wipers

Guest cowboy6280

Guest cowboy6280

I did a search and didnt find anything... but has anyone made the wipers so the passenger side arm is at the outside edge and rotates in towards the middle of the windshield. So that both arms rotate in towards each other??? The vettes have this (C3's anyway) and some other cars have them this way... I think it looks better and was wondering if anyone has done this?

Why would you want to? The wipers work fine the way they are. I seriously doubt anyone has attempted this, because the wipers themselves don't need improvement and you will not gain anything from doing it differently. The only reason I could see for doing this is to have something unique, which is fine, but couldn't you use that energy on another part of your car? Have you opened up the cowl panel to see what needs to be done to do this? Not to mention the cowl panel itself has to be modified. You might be in over your head. But if you want to, go right ahead. I'm not knocking you okay, I just don't see the point.

!M!

Guest cowboy6280

Thanks for the post KZ, and I think I can make it happen with the link you had posted. :-D And as for the reason behind this... why be the same old when you can be different. I just think it looks better, and I dont think it will be all that difficult using the kit from the link posted.

Cowboy,

Forget about my first post. I reread it and it sounds like I had an attitude about it. Some of the Z wipers do need some help in the mechanical department, because of rust/corrosion, so if you can do one up on Nissan, go for it. I don't drive my Z in the rain, so it was never a problem for me. Sorry.

!M!