HybridZ

How Do You Replace the Window Squeegees?

TomoHawk

Guest Zachb55

MSA stocks these too, they carry a "aerodynamic wiper blade" not sure it is any better then stock, but who knows, its worth a try...

-Zach

They just pull off the door. They basically just snap on. With the window all the way down you can get a screw driver under it from the inside at one end or the other and pry up. This will keep from hurting the paint on the outside. You might want to put a towel or something on the door panel to avoid damaging it.

Be very gentle while removing them, they will buckle/bow in a heartbeat.... bawling.gif

I removed mine then used my circluler (sp) sander to grind off the staple heads, then pulled the remaining staple out for a smooth surface.

Then I used some soft flat rubber stock (just happen to have some extra at work) to cut with a razor knife, the right width, then urethaned it to the crome strips. After allowing them to cure overnight, they are in my opinion, better than new... and a whole lot cheeper too...

You guys are talking about three different thing here. I thought hte original post was about the exterior widow rubber attached to the stailess steel trim piece attached to the door. If so I have not heard of any replacement without replacing the stainless steel piece as well.

I am pretty sure we weren't talking about wiper blades.

the other post appears to be talking about the fuzzy strip on the inside of the car that is attached to the door panel. If that is the case then you can replace just the fuzzy strip, I see then for sale on ebay from time to time. I like the tip about grinding off the staples, sounds like that might work.

Guest Zachb55

hahaha, i was wondering why you didnt call them wiper blades, i had never heard someone call them squeegees... i guess i just figured thats what you meant

-Zach