HybridZ

Vortech Superchargers

Guest Want aZ

Guest Want aZ

Has anyone on here done a Supercharged Z??? Now I know there a few V8 chargers out there but I was thinking of doing an L6 that was supercharged, Just wondering what the problems would be? I do know that Vortech does make kits, but fabbing a bracket I dont think would be that difficult?

Just wondering

Damon

Guest bastaad525

the question would be why? Just about everyone agrees that for the time and money you would spend, you'd be better off just finding a 280zx turbo donor car or motor and swap that in. The last supercharger kit I saw for a 1st gen Z ran roughly $3,000, for almost exactly that much I just put a rebuilt turbo engine into my car with a rebuilt 5 spd tranny and all the goodies I need to run a reliable 10psi (boost gauge, boost controller, intercooler, blowoff valve) which should get me 200-230 hp at the wheels (some 50-80hp over stock). Someone told me that the one supercharger kit that I think Jim Cook Racing used to sell was only good for about 40hp. I believe it would just be much easier labor wise to go this route, if you're doing the work yourself. Definately would be cheaper for more power.