HybridZ

Aero splitter - for our Z's ????

BQR280Z

Has anyone built or considered building an aero splitter for a Z30??? The chin spoiler I have would make it an easy add-on, and I would then run it all the way back to the cross member. I personally like the looks of the splitters with classily done supports (made with Heim joints, and turnbuckles). I was considering an aluminum one, and then some air directing fins to add some extra air to the inside of our front brakes. Maybe a couple of reverse scoops behind the radiator to help flow. Tell me what you have tried, thought, or seen, please.

Bill

My lack of experience ;) leads me to think that the addition of a chin splitter could dangerously upset the balance of the car at highway speeds. However I know Datto (where is that guy anyway?) added one to his S30 without rear aero treatment... I'd ask him how it changed the car first. Unless of course the reason he isn't posting is because of massive oversteer at 100mph. :shock:

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying go easy and feel it out before you "get on it".