HybridZ

OKINAWA RACE RESULTS

Corzette

OK I just got back from the HKS drag comp here in Okinawa Japan. I saw a S30 Z with the SR20 DET swap. It looked nice. You can see it on my site under "CAR SHOW". It had a huge Turbo on it and ran a 7.1 sec in the 150 meters. Track too short for a full 1/8th. That is 487.5 feet. I wonder what that equates to in the 8th and 1/4? HorsePower? I dont know the trap speed. It was decent. The fastest car was a 5.3 sec run. There was so many skyline GTRs with the same ole RB setup out there it was not even amuzing. Dont get me wrong, I like the RB26 Turbo setup in a Z, but DAMN everyone basically had the same ole thing. 80% of the people had the same car and engine. Just goes to show you that theres not much flexibility over here. If they could only understand what being original meant. Besides the SR20 DET Z, I would have been the talk of the show regardless of the times I would have run. Theres nothing like the sound of a V8 open headers running down the track. According to similiar horsepower and weight consideration, I expect that my Z will run a 6.2 or so at this track. I will run in Dec at the next meet after I get it tuned and replace the tranny etc. I have to run in the open class because I will be the only V8 there! What a fricken RUSH that will be. As far as I see it, I will beat 80% of the cars there as ther were only about 5 or so in the 5 sec range and maybe 10 in the 6 sec range. The majority were i the 7s to 9s. The Rotaries were impressive but not that impressive considering the money being dumped into these projects. A nicely setup V8 non Turbo with LSD could have easily been the star of the show here today. We all know hooking up isnt a problem if its built right. I am talking about a 1/4 track car for this event only. Slalom builds are another story. More later!

CorZette