HybridZ

What else can go wrong???........:-(

80LS1T

I just shot a pic of the rotor and hub assembley that I roasted...literally!

rotor-and-hub-toasted.jpg

As you can see there was some serious heat damage! You cant really see it in the pic but the rotor has a ring from the heat that was going threw it! Its on the inside and goes out about 1.5" all the way around! :shock: I still havent got the rotor off yet! That outter bearing is literally welded onto the spindle. I can even make it move a little bit. I am going to just remove it as a whole assembley I think and put my springs and shock absorber into the new housing. Either that or I will get out the angle grider and cut the rotor off! I need a wheel stud now too cause I broke one off on my other front hub :oops: .....I guess I should stop going to the weight room! LOL :roll:

Guy

Yeah I would say I toasted it! LOL.....

Well I just got back from BQR280Z's house where he had the strut housing and rotor hub that I needed. So now I have to go out and take my burnt up strut housing and rotor hub off and put this one on. But first I have to sand blast the "new" one and paint it up! :D I cant put a rusty part on my car now can I?!

Hopefully I can go terrorize the ricers tommorow!

Guy

Well I have my new spindle in and new hub so that is all done! I can now move my car! :D Oh and I have brakes now so I must have boiled the fluid like previously stated.

Man the hardest part about switching over those strut housings was getting the backing plate off my junk strut housing. Since I couldnt get the rotor off because the outside bearing was now welded to the spindle, I had to cut the outside of the hub off, then cut the spindle in half! All that work just to get the dust sheild for the rotor! LOL All in all though it wasnt too much work. To put that new strut housing and put the strut back together, put new bearings and races in, and put new rotors on....it "only" took me 6 hours of work. :lol::D

Now you want to know what else can go wrong!.............

My brake lights dont work! :x The fuse is good. I just noticed tonight when I backed it out of the garage. I haven't really checked into it other than if the fuse was blown or not(which it isnt) I will investigate tommorow. Who knows maybe the bulbs are burnt out?

Guy