HybridZ

15 x 7 Centerline Wheels

Hi' date='

I have a tock 1978 280z. I have a chance to purchae ome 15x7 centerline wheels. What is the lowest profile tire I can fit? 225/50/15? 205/6015?

Thanks[/quote']

Depends on how much sidewall bow you want. With a 205, the sidewall will be straight up and down with the edge of the wheel. A 225 will give you a bit of bulge, but looks good on a Z. Depends on preference, I guess.

Guest ZmeFly

and on the 15x7's im running 205 55 15's and they look just right. you could go with a 225 50 15 as well.

you could possibly squeeze a 195 50 15 but i would and couldnt see why it wouldnt look right or good and with that small of a tire well you know

I'm running American Eagle 028 15x7's with 215/50/15 Dunlop SP5000's, Eibach springs with KYB struts. Sits nice and clears everything including the front air dam. Car dropped about 1 1/2" with springs. The Dunlops measure only 22 1/2" tall and with the T5, it makes the first two gears too quick in my opinion. Good luck.

5226_73_240ZT-med.JPG