HybridZ

350 swap question...

Guest Pegasus76

Guest the_dj

I don't think you have to. It's more of an issue when going to a larger wheel size. Look over in the suspension forum and you'll find a lot of info.

Sam

Guest dankinzle

It's not necessary to change out the suspension. I know of several v8 swapped Zs doing very well with the stock suspension. It does squat quite a bit albeit. Do a search on suspension and there should be tons of info.

Guest Anonymous

With all cast parts and no use of aluminum in anything, it may sit down a bit more in the front, perhaps the 280 would have heavier springs and not be as much a problem as my 240 was in this regard. (the 280 is heavier and I'm sure they calibrated the suspension for the extra weight). The only suspension that you would probably want to work on, would be the brakes, larger with more rotor and pad area is nice when your talking about hauling the car down from speed (of which well be far greater far faster than most any car I've driven). :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

You do not need to upgrade anything but the radiator,fan,fuel pump, transmsission,drive shaft,

starter and alternator.

If you get aluminum heads and a eletric fan the weight is so close to the same.

Toss a fat mother in law in the passanger seat and you could compair that to installing a big block motor.....The car can take it.

I have a 280Z and Im going to install a V8. getting close to the end, want everything done first besides paint, The motor and transmission will cost the most

Terry cheers.gifeek2.gif

Guest Drewz

I am running new stock springs all the way around, they were in the trunk of the 260 when I bought it. The rad is a stock with 1 extra core and with the further set back of the engine it works sweet IMO. rockon.gif