HybridZ

280Z and kayaks??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

does anyone know if the z can carry a couple of kayaks? maybe with a roof rack? i got a trailer hitch with my Z, but i converted to 240 bumpers, so thats out.

thanks in advance,

dominic

With a roof rack it MIGHT be able to, but I don't know if I'd want to risk it--the metal isn't all that thick, and depending on where the rack rests on the roof it may dent it.

I suppose a lot of it depends on the kayak also--whitewater or touring?

My wife and I have a couple of touring kayaks (Perception Carolina 16 and a Perception America 13.5)--combined weight is just over 100 lbs; not sure I'd want to put them on top of ANY car, much less a Z. I looked into getting a rack for my Bonneville, but that would have been close to $300, and no guarantee that it would have held up worth a damn.

So I just put em on a trailer behind the Bronco--dont have to lift em as high that way. :-D

Guest Anonymous

the downside to this solution........ im force to sell my project (need garage space). i really shouldnt have gotten involved with hybridz's just yet. my career is getting in the way (50-60 hour work weeks)... ill be posting TONS of desireable stuff in the sale forum later this week including zg mirrors, flairs, lt1, t56, airdam, 240 bumpers, sparco rev seats, bare 77 280z with NO structural rust and low miles, angel eye headlamps, custom pedals..... lots and lots of stuff ive bought, but havent installed. feel free to email me if you need anything, but i havent decided wether to part the original car parts out yet or reassemble with new paint and sell complete number matching car with 70- something thousand miles. anything that hasnt sold by the end of the month will hit ebay.

thanks for all your help guys, i will always frequent this board (even though i dont post much, the intellegence of this board is invalueable)

dominic