HybridZ

fab'd my tranny mount for nissan t-5

mobythevan

I did the same thing as Jersey. My car is 73 just like his and I used the crossmember from the 83 turbo car. Cut the ears off the side of the insulator and welded new steel on. Then drilled holes 3/4inch towards the rear of the car. Works great, but it does interfer with the transmission case on the T-5. Because the mount then slides forward on the tranny 3/4 inch it hits the webbing on the tranny case. I had to cut a hunk out of the insulator metal so it would slide forward enough. I was just curious Jersey, if you cut the mount the same way or if you actually clearanced the tranny webbing to accomplish the same thing. I didn't want to mess with the tranny, just the insulator mount. Anyway it works great, I'm just waiting for a new rear seal for the T-5.

Guest bastaad525

I've read more than once on these forums, that to get the T-5 to fit you do have to grind some material off of the tranny housing. Jersey mentioned it in one of his old posts, as well as one of the other regulars here, I forget who... the subject came up when they were discussing custom downpipes.

Hey Moby, 525. Yup, i had to do the same thing. Just grinded a small section of the T5 webbing away so the mount would slide far enough forward. God i have so many pictures of my entire swap, just wish i had a place to post them all!!! :shock::D Let me se if i can find a good shot of it and i'll try to post it. Good job btw!