HybridZ

What Fuel Pump

majik16106

Scottie, I'm probably going to use the Walbro GSL392 for my ~525hp V8 (if I maximize for peak HP). This is for a TBI setup that runs at 18psi max (15 recommended). That pump delivers about 80 GPH at 15psi and 13.5volts (http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/pics/gsl392.jpg).

80GPH is about 500 lbs/hr, which ought to be plenty for 4 85 lb/hr injectors in the throttle body.

Enough for this?

Guest Want aZ

Pete,

What type of TBI are you going to use??? Holley 4Di Im guessin???

Ive been very intrested in TBI, ge it holley or hopefully Barry Grant if they ever get it off of the ground, their Venturi Injection system. It is on their website, but have never seen it elsewhere.

Damon

Yes, Now I have a 700 cfm 4D system (got it cheap). I also have some 85 lb/hr injectors for it, which I believe is the only difference between the 900cfm and 700cfm TBIs. Holley for some reason rated the TBIs on fuel flow/power potential, and made up the cfm rating to match accepted standards for carbs. I will have the answer to whether the TBIs are different sizes in a day or so.

Someone is selling a TBI with 4 big injectors below the throttle plates - still bolts on like a 4bbl carb, nicer, and not cheap.

I hope to go to an Offenhauser smokeyram type manifold with port injectors under the top. I'll probably use a Holley 4bbls (maybe 2?) on the top as an air door. Look old school, huge plenum, good runner length, port injection :). This will all be custom.

Yeah, 10mm by 1mm thread internal thread is pretty small.

I'm working with extremepsi.com to get a price on the GSL392. They sell tons of in tank Walbro pumps on Ebay for around $85-90 and they think

the price will be around $100 for the inline.