HybridZ

stuttering....

Guest dero

ok about 4k and after my engine seems to stutter somewhat , is this caused by not getting enough fuel? im three turns out on my SU;s but i have a decent amount of mods, i set the timing with a vaccum gauge to about 14 on the balance tube. valves recently adjusted hot to .010/.012 any help gettin this thing dialed in would be appreciated.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]
ok about 4k and after my engine seems to stutter somewhat , is this caused by not getting enough fuel? im three turns out on my SU;s but i have a decent amount of mods, i set the timing with a vaccum gauge to about 14 on the balance tube. valves recently adjusted hot to .010/.012 any help gettin this thing dialed in would be appreciated.

try advancing your ignition timing a few degrees. If that does not work then try enriching your SU's a 1/4 turn at a time until the stuttering stops.

If you still can't get it to go away it could possibly be bad igniton wires or possibly a faulty spark plug.

Later

it could possibly be bad igniton wires

Later

well i tried everything else except this, the wires on it now are old wires from my original motor and there kinda lame, is it possible bad plugs wires can run good till the car really gets in the powerband then fail somewhat?

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]
oh yea, what are some the best L series wires out, gonna be looking into getting some this week, thanks.

NGK .

They ar ethe best and they are cheap.

I got mine from NOPI for like 27 bucks.

BTW, my Mazda had a stutter that was cured by wires, but that may not cure your problem.

How far did you advance the timing?

I spent weeks trying to cure a miss when I got my 240Z back in 1989 and after spending money here and there and doing a carb rebuild but still having the miss, my troubles were cured by a 10 second adjustment of 5 extra degrees of timing.

later

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]
Hey Norm' date=' what does your timing curve look like anyway?

I like the NGK's too, though I don't use them on my turbo car. (MSD in that case) I've always used NGK's on NA Z's though with no problems.[/quote']

At wide open throttle I am running 36-38 degrees of total ignition advance.

Any less and she goes to missing at high rpm.BTW all of my timing is in by 3500 rpm.

Later