HybridZ

things i need.. ideas?

Guest ON3GO

well i bought my FMIC, and i have my full 3in exhaust.

buying the motor this week..

so all i have to do is get intercooler piping, a downpipe, and install my bov...

anybody have any ideas where i can get piping dirt cheap? trying to save money anywhere i can, i still have to buy some brake parts and some gauges and start saving for my LSD rear end..

i was told i can get piping from NAPA... good idea?

anybody here also had there BOV welded onto there piping? how much did that cost?

thanks guys

mike

Guest bastaad525

Lots of performance auto part places will sell small sections of pipe with 45 or 90 degree mandrel bends in them, I've heard anywhere from $17 to $28 per section. PAW, Mcmaster-Carr, JC Whitney, should all have them. I had my BOV welded onto the stock zxt Jpipe for $20 at a muffler shop, but was quoted as high as $50 at a few other places before I found the best deal. It's very easy and quick and muffler shop people can be fickle about pricing so definately shop around.

I was thinking 250ish but I dont know, I will keep you posted.

I will have a better idea when it is done, most beople bump up to 3" after the down pipe so it might be tight, but I have some people here in the city with the swap done so... we will see if it fits.

I think it will flow nicer if the two first bends were 3"