HybridZ

Getting my car sprayed

Guest GoaTSLonG

Guest GoaTSLonG

this question is about my 89 240sx cuz I dont have my 240z yet (january w/ RB26) i have a gallon of DuPont TV2 Bayside blue and the hardener, reducer blah blah, basicly everything i need to spray my car. I wetsanded the whole car with 320, body filled a couple door dings, sanded the body filler and primed it, then i wet sanded the entire car with 600. Now I really dont have alot of money at all probably less than $300-350 and I am not too concerned about having a perfect show car paintjob because i will be selling this car in january. A friend of mine's dad has a "shop" for his use only type thing and he has painted cars before but i dont wanna ask his dad to spray it. so my friend who has watched cars being painted but never done it himself offers to do it. How hard car spraying a car be now that all the prep work is done? Do you think there is any decent body shops that can do it for less than $300? How do you think it will come out if i bring it to a place like Maaco and have them just mask it and spray it? Thanks in advance for the help.

be careful spraying ya car, dont get a cheep job. Make sure you see some of there work before you get some one to do it. A bad paint job can ruin a car.

I had mine done by this drop kick and my car looks shocking, runs down the side bad orange peal effect and an uneven surface. i will have to get it re done so i can be proud of my car.

Moral of the story, check some of there previous jobs before you get some one to do it.

Sim

I would suggest going to one of your local paint supply shops and asking if they know anyone that paints on the side.

In my area, there are 4 or 5 guys that do this on a regular basis. All of which do very nice work. I would also suggest that you ask them to double check your work.

Experienced bodymen can spot flaws and imperfections from 20 ft that you might miss when you`re staring straight at them.